University of the Arts and Sciences physicians’ assistants students in Philadelphia received their white coats during an official ceremony.
ROYERSFORD PA – Dozens of high-achieving students in Royersford, Limerick and Spring-City were honored through Friday (Feb. 19, 2016) for academic accomplishments in announcements from their educational institutions.
Named To Dean’s Lists
- Cara Dowzicky of Royersford, at Lebanon Valley College in Annville PA.
At Montgomery County Community College in Blue Bell PA, the following, listed alphabetically by location, from:
- Limerick: Kyle Allebach, Abigail Budzilowicz, Sean Budzilowicz, Megan Nacarelli, Bryce Rhodenbaugh;
- Royersford: Blanca Anoushian, Nicole Bumbarger, Gwaelin Collison, Matthew Crocker, Daniel Dougherty, Philip Gardocki, Alec Harrod, Dani Keefer, Stephanie Kelley, Madalyn Kostyrka, Steven Landis, Lynn Lang, Tyler Lelii, Shreeda Patel, Kyle Richter, Isabella Rotta, Alyssa Salvo, Kyle Surbrook, Michele Taluc-Chance, Kayla Velasquez;
- Spring City: Erik Aschendorf, Weston Finerfrock, David Rudart, Jocelyn Stanek; and
- Collegeville: William Bianco, Rebekah Bondi, Nicole Bradbury, Sean Brady, Max Bugay, Philip Cappelli, Emily Cosmi, Elizabeth Cusmina, Nicole Dalasio, Anna Di Giovanni, Erin Donovan, Nicholas Duffy, Mark Dylinski, Ericka Hastings, Jordan Higley, Chris Luzeski, Regina MacMurtrie, Kacy Maroney, Geoffrey Melle, Ashley Muhlenberg, Ashley Parker, Brianna Patterson, Anna Poet, Michael Reiner, Kelsey Rush, Yasna Saez Tapia, Julie Scott, Greg Seraphin, Lindsay Siron, Jacqueline Smith, Audrey Sorber, Gisselle Tirado, Michael Topham, Kyle Umstead, Nicole Viola, Daniel Waslo, Stephanie Yovish;
- Mont Clare: Noah Cittadino;
- Phoenixville: Niquella Berry, Kevin Colbert, Kaitlyn Evans, Ahmad Hasaan, Caroline Heasley, Monica Hritz, Jessica Jacobs, Michael Jones, Felicia Milano, Brandon Mormello, Kimberly Nihart, Timothy OBrien, Jacob Sims, Matthew Steplewski, Sarah Wochele;
- Trappe: Jose Catalan, Jessica Turner.
Eight area residents have enrolled at Alvernia University in Reading PA for the 2015-2016 school year. They are:
- From Spring-Ford Area Senior High School, Brian Konefsky as an occupational therapy major, Rachael Saxon as an early childhood education with special education major, Todd Unger as a sport management major, and Devin Zimmerman as a biochemistry major.
Beatrice Capone of Royersford joined the Class of 2019 at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy NY for the 2015-2016 school year.
Titles, Honors and Awards
Recently inducted into the Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society at Montgomery County Community College in Blue Bell PA, the following, listed alphabetically by location, from:
- Royersford: Kathleen Brady, Heather Curran, Phoebe Ivady, Lynn Lang, Emily Maxwell, Kyle Surbrook;
- Collegeville: William Bianco, Philip Cappelli, Nicholas Duffy, Pat Guarnieri, Robert Levine, Regina Macmurtrie, Geoffrey Melle, David Moran;
- Phoenixville: Brian D’Onofrio, Ahmad Hasaan, Caroline Heasley, Sabrina Pelletier, Janette Zillmann;
- Trappe: Jose Catalan, Michael Reiner.
Danielle Freed of Limerick was among members of the Millersville University women’s golf team in its recent upset win over PSAC defending champion California University of Pennsylvania at the Hershey Country Club East Course in Hershey PA.
Connor Feeney of Royersford, a senior theatre and classical studies major at Albright College in Reading PA, is spending his Fall 2015 semester studying abroad at the National Theater Institute in Connecticut and London.
Elizabeth Bauer of Royersford spent part of her Spring 2015 semester at Lebanon Valley College in Annville PA translating a physical therapy children’s book, titled “Sammy’s Physical Therapy Adventure,” into different languages. A coloring and activity book also accompanied the story.
Two area residents identified by Alvernia University of Reading PA as “top students” were named as peer tutors in specific fields of study. They are nursing major Blair Burris of Royersford, for writing, A&P, chemistry and nursing; and nursing major Rachel Long of Royersford, for A&P and nursing.
Three area residents were selected to perform with the Kutztown University Marching Unit during its appearance in the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade. They were Hannah Guffey and Diana Haldren, both of Royersford; and Kelsey Johnson of Limerick.
Photo from the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia PA