BLUE BELL PA – Six one-act plays, four of which are directed by Montgomery County Community College students and all of which feature the acting talents of regional residents, will be part of the college’s Short Play Festival coming April 6-9 (2017; Thursday through Sunday) to the college Science Center Black Box Theatre, 340 DeKalb Pike.
Chosen and directed by college student artists, the festival offers young, fresh productions by several playwrights. They include:
- “Dancing with the Devil” by Brooke Berman, directed by student Dajzane Meadows-Sanderlin of Upper Darby;
- “I’m Going to Stop Pretending (That I Didn’t Break Our Heart)” by Neil LaBute, directed by student Alondra Santos-Castillo of Norristown;
- “The Proposal” by Anton Chekhov, directed by student Kevin Sene of Norristown;
- “Under Lubianka Square” by Constance Congdon, directed by student Shelby Poston of Pottstown; and
- “Fledging” by Nathan Alan Davis, and
- “Space” by Kelly P. Luck, both directed by theater faculty member Rob Heller.
The student directors are drawn from the “Directing: World of the Stage” course at the college, and the plays are produced and designed by students in its Theatre Arts Production Workshop, and Drama Club.
Cast members for the six plays include Dee Brown of Philadelphia, Kaeleigh Dequevado of Springfield, Luke Fletcher of Ambler, Amber Grier of Philadelphia, Matt Heller of Erdenheim, Kalif Johnson of Lansdale, Alex Kilcullen of King of Prussia, Lauren Ralston of Horsham, Gordon Rose of Fort Washington, Jordayn Ross of Norristown, Bill Smith of Rockledge, Shea Walker of Blue Bell, Jess Weigand of Norristown and Dan Wurtz of Jenkintown.
Performances will be held April 6-8 at 7 p.m., April 7 at 12:30 p.m., and the finale on April 9 at 2 p.m. General admission is $10, and $5 for students and seniors. To purchase tickets see the website page here, or call 215-641-6518. Proceeds from the production will benefit the college Theatre Arts Merit Scholarship fund.