Crowds arrive (at top) as the 2016 concert series launched last June
SANATOGA PA – Lower Pottsgrove’s summer concert series, underwritten by Exelon Corp. and its Limerick Generating Station, debuts this Sunday (June 25, 2017) with a performance by veteran local band and community favorite, the Bill Koss Combo. The show, and the five others in the series that runs through Aug. 6, opens at 6 p.m. at the Bandstand in Sanatoga Park, 223 S. Sanatoga Rd. The concerts are free and open to the public, including residents of Limerick Township, Pottstown Borough, and adjacent municipalities.
- These events have been added to The Post Publications calendar.
Parking is available in the park’s lower and upper lots. Bring your own seating (none will be provided) or a comfortable blanket to spread out over the grass, and a picnic or snacks if you’d like. Most shows end by 8 p.m. or earlier.
The township last year invested heavily in a bandstand renovation project that resulted in more tiered seating areas for senior citizens and persons with special needs, smooth asphalt walkways and disability-complaint ramps, landscaping, and a complete overhaul of its adjacent restrooms. The result: there’s more room, and greater comfort, for concert-goers, the Board of Commissioners proudly reported. A complete schedule of the entertainment was available during its June 8 meeting.
Also scheduled in coming weeks are:
- July 9, rock band “Flamin’ Dick and The Hot Rods;”
- July 16, “Where’s Pete;”
- July 23, an hour-long show for children featuring “Makin’ Music,” followed by an adults’ show by band “Michael Kropp and The Indestructibles;”
- July 30, cajun tunes and music of the south by “Zydeco A-Go-Go;” and
- Aug. 6, marches and show tunes by the Pottsgrove Community Band.
For information, call the township municipal building at 610-323-0436 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Photo by The Post Publications