LIMERICK PA – The American Red Cross is urging potential donors to give blood during the final weeks of summer to help overcome a chronic seasonal blood shortage. Six separate opportunities to donate within western Montgomery County have been scheduled. In dated order, they are:
- Aug. 16 (Wednesday) from 2-7 p.m., St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church, Rectory, 3640 Schuylkill Rd., Spring City PA;
- Aug. 21 (Monday) from 2-7 p.m., Comfort Inn, 99 Robinson St., Pottstown PA;
- Aug. 22 (Tuesday) from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Parkhouse Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1600 Black Rock Rd., Royersford PA;
- Aug. 25 (Friday) from 2-7 p.m., Shepherd of the Hills, 527 Hoffmansville Rd., Bechtelsville PA;
- Aug. 30 (Wednesday) from 1-6 p.m., Amity Place, 139 Olde Swede Rd., Douglassville PA; and
- Aug. 31 (Thursday) from 2-7 p.m., Limerick Township Administration Building, 646 W. Ridge Pike, Limerick PA.
Those who donated blood earlier this summer may be eligible to donate again. Blood can be safely donated every 56 days, and Power Red cells can be donated every 112 days, according to Alana Mauger, external communications manager of the Penn-Jersey Blood Services Region.
As a special thank you, those who come out to give blood or platelets with the Red Cross now through Aug. 31 will be emailed a $5 Target eGiftCard. In addition, those who come out to give blood or platelets with the Red Cross in Southeastern Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey will receive a coupon for a free medium Iced Coffee and free donut courtesy of Dunkin’ Donuts in Greater Philadelphia, Mauger added.
For more information, call the Red Cross toll-free at 1-800-733-2767.
Photo from Google Images